Timothy P. Gilmore
Timothy P. Gilmore
866-585-4570 (Toll Free)
Mr. Gilmore’s practice centers primarily on financial and corporate transactions. He has a broad range of expertise in all aspects of financing for both lender and borrower, including secured and unsecured lending, construction lending, financing of low income housing and historic rehabilitation tax credit developments, asset-based financing, and refinancings, as well as loan workouts, restructures, collections and foreclosures. He is also experienced in general corporate and transactions law, including issues involving start-up companies and entrepreneurs, private equity and venture capital, new business formations and financing, along with employment law issues, business disputes and litigation. His work also includes handling all legal aspects of real estate financing and operation, purchase and sale transactions, and leasing, including commercial, residential and agricultural properties. He also has broad experience in estate planning elder law and probate matters, including succession planning for closely held businesses, probate disputes and litigation, and Medicaid long term care planning.
Mr. Gilmore’s experience includes:
- Ongoing representation of borrower in financing acquisitions of $200 million in low income housing tax credits and historic tax credits.
- Ongoing representation of private equity firm run by former CEO of four publicly traded companies.
- Ongoing representation of information technology provider serving the health care sector with health information analytics and big data solutions.
- Ongoing 25 year representation of regional title insurance agency.
- Representation of sellers in acquisition of regional retail hardware businesses.
- Representation of sellers in acquisitions of farm implement dealerships.
- Representation of buyer in $50 million acquisition and financing of agricultural real estate.
- Representation of buyer, a national bank, in acquisition of $200 million in loan portfolios and bank real property assets.
- Representation of regional cotton warehousing and cotton ginning operations.
- Representation of rural electrical cooperative in operations, corporate and labor and employment matters.
- Former school board member, Brentwood, Missouri School District.
- Founding director and past president of Sikeston Area Higher Education Center, serving over 1,000 students annually in affiliation with Southeast Missouri State University.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Litigation
- Business Organizations
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate
- Eminent Domain
- Banking & Lending
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1987
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. – 1987
- University of Missouri – Columbia, Columbia, Missouri
- B.S. – 1984
- Major: Accountancy
- 10 Best Estate Planning Techniques in Missouri, Lorman Education Services, 2006 – 2007
- Advanced Title Insurance Issues, NBI, Inc., 2006 – 2007
Pro Bono Activities
- Harris House Foundation, Board Member, 2010 – 2011
- Phi Delta Theta